If there is one word to describe this trip so far it is frustrating.
Things that frustrate me (disclaimer: this is potentially a moany venting post):
- The slow pace of negotiating something that should be straight forward.
- The failure of leaders to overcome their differences
- The inability to see how dragging of feet means more suffering for the people
- The total waste of resources that should be used to help not hinder
- The truths, half-truths and outright lies that people tell (and trying to figure out which is which)
- ‘Somali time’ aka if we say we leave at 4am we might leave anytime between 4 and 10. But be ready, just in case
- The constant reminder of the worlds inequities
- The fact that my ‘shower’ (rusty pipe dripping cold water hanging precariously from the wall) doesn’t work
- Having to wear a headscarf all the time but not knowing how to prevent it blowing into my face and having to totally rearrange it following a gust of wind